What's The Cost of Bad Credit?
Have you already experienced the setbacks and high expenses that come with credit issues? Being declined for credit cards, mortgages, and car loans are the most common issues you could be facing. Getting approved for loans but having to pay more monthly with higher interest rates are some other problems that come with credit issues.
You can end up paying an extra $150 or more, every month for 30 years, on a house because of a difference of 1% on your interest rate. That's an EXTRA $1800 a year and $54000 paid over the life of your mortgage. Can you think of something else you could have done with that money? If your credit was already in line before the purchase you could have had that much extra in your pocket.
Did you know credit can even affect if you get approved or declined for a job? Your insurance prices also get raised based on your credit score.
- You have the option to do nothing and either never be able to get the things you want or if you're lucky you can get some of the things you want but you will pay more than everyone else has to pay for them.
- You can get a credit card make payments on it and hope that it will be enough to override the negative information on your report and increase your score. (This will help but slowly depending on how your credit file looks)
- You could file bankruptcy. This will keep you from being able to apply for new credit for 2-10 years (depending on where you apply). You will have to pay to file for bankruptcy (on average around $1000) and depending on what chapter you file you may have to make monthly payments.
- You can hire a credit repair company. There are legitimate companies that can do the job for you. You must do good research before choosing a company. Their prices can vary from $300-$2000 total cost but good companies should have you all fixed up in 6-12 months.
- You can repair you credit yourself. The consumer protection laws are out there to protect you and help you with your credit issues. If you feel confident in doing the work by your own hand you should give it a try and save some money.
How Can You Do It Yourself?
If you aren't very knowledgeable about credit and consumer protection laws then the process can seem like it's too much to take on.
We are here to educate you on the repair process. We have put together a kit with all of the knowledge you need to take back control of your life and give you peace of mind.
This comes to you at a fraction of the cost of the other options you could pursue. Not to mention the benefits could, at least, save you that extra $1800 a year on a mortgage.
So are you ready to invest in yourself so you can save money and achieve your goals?
Click the red "Fix My Credit" button below for more info.